Home Luggage “Bomb threat on Malaysia Airlines plane to Dhaka turns out to be a hoax”

“Bomb threat on Malaysia Airlines plane to Dhaka turns out to be a hoax”


A bomb threat, which forced a Malaysia Airlines flight with 135 passengers on board to make an emergency landing at Dhaka airport, turned out to be a hoax, a senior official said on Thursday. airport.

Flight MH-196 to Dhaka from Kuala Lumpur landed at Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport at 9:38 p.m. local time on Wednesday amid heightened security at the airport and on the runway, told reporters on Wednesday. executive director of the HSIA, the captain of the group AHM Touhid-ul Ahsan.

Following the threat call, commandos and security agencies were positioned at the airport with firefighters and ambulances.

Upon landing, the aircraft was directed to the taxiway where the Air Force mine clearance team conducted a thorough search of the aircraft after evacuating its passengers. However, no explosive or bomb-like objects were found inside the aircraft or in the luggage of the passengers.

The information we received in a phone call from Malaysia seemed unfounded … Nothing was found, Ahsan said.

The senior HSIA official declined to identify the source of the caller, but said the Rapid Action Battalion (RAB), an elite Bangladesh police crime and terrorism unit , had received the call.

Subsequent exchanges with Malaysian authorities and intelligence reports suggested the plane did not face such a threat, but Bangladesh authorities did not take it lightly, Ahsan said.

An intensive sweep of the aircraft cabin, passengers and their luggage was carried out as it was a safety concern for all, he said.

Airport officials said of the 135 passengers on the plane, 134 were Bangladeshis and a Malaysian national.

After the suspension of flight operations for about three and a half hours from 9:00 p.m. last night, normal operation of the HSIA resumed around 12:45 a.m. Thursday, the Daily Star reported.

“No one has been detained in this regard,” Morshedul Alam, deputy commissioner of the Uttara division of the Dhaka Metropolitan Police, told the newspaper.